The Kansas Association for Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health is an association of professionals in Kansas who are concerned with the emotional development of infants. KAIMH has three main goals:
- To encourage the realization that infancy is a critical period in the psychosocial/emotional development of individuals
- To disseminate knowledge to its members as well as to combat the sense of isolation of those disciplines working in the infancy field
- To provide information to the general public, which will enhance awareness and bring to public attention the psychosocial/emotional needs of children in the first years of life.
KAIMH is a 501C3 non-profit and is an affiliate of the World Association for Infant Mental Health.
Keep Up with KAIMH/News
To get occasional emails about KAIMH news and opportunities, sign up for our e-newsletter here. We look forward to engaging with you in the future!
Shared Statement from the Alliance about the separation of children from parents at the borders.
Join the KAIMH Board!
We need KAIMH members interested in leading our organization into the future!
If you are interested in serving, we are soliciting nominations.
How? Send us a letter of interest and your resume/vita. Let us know why you want to serve on the KAIMH board and what skills and knowledge you would bring to the board.
When? Send your materials by April 10. You will be notified of your nomination status by April 17. The membership will vote on the slate of nominations on May 1 at the Annual Business Meeting.
Send applications and questions to: Peggy Kemp, KAIMH Vice President. email@example.com
Resources & QUICK LINKS
Annual Spring Conference:
- April 29-30, 2021 Newton KS
Did you know that you can support KAIMH through your Amazon purchases? Select KAIMH as your charity of choice and Amazon will donate a portion of your purchase!
Support the work of KAIMH
Nurture Healthy Early Relationships!KAIMH is a a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization serving all early childhood professionals in Kansas, including child care, pre-school, Head Start, Early Head Start, home visitation programs, and more! Your financial contributions to KAIMH enable children and families to receive high quality care from early childhood professionals trained in the social and emotional needs of young children.
- Maintain the Endorsement scholarship program for professionals who work with young children.
- Establish quality professional development opportunities for early childhood professionals.
- Identify and promote best practice programs and speak on issues of critical importance impacting healthy social emotional development, education, and welfare of young children and families.
- Support legislation that benefits all children and families in Kansas.
Receive Email Updates
Provide your contact information to receive KAIMH email Updates:
- advocacy updates
- professional development opportunities
- and more!